Monday, November 3, 2008

Thanksgivings

So, I've just read my sisters' blogs, Patty and Tiana, and I've been inspired to try to be more thankful this month, being Thanksgiving and all. I've had a pretty rough day today, but after reading their blogs, I feel uplifted and at peace, like this was what I was looking for today to help me get through everything. So, like Patty, I'm going to try to post something I'm thankful for every day this month. All three of my sisters have such beautiful testimonies and their words seemed to uplift today. Thank you for that! And since it's November 3rd today, I need to post three things I'm thankful for. So here goes . . . . .

#1 - I'm thankful for family. All of my family. Husband, kids, parents, brothers, sisters and so on. Without them, I'd be so lost. I love my family so very very much! I know we all annoy each other at times, but heck how boring would life be if we weren't all different? I enjoy spending time with all of them, and wish that I had spent more time with everyone before they all moved away! As for Thomas and the kids, wow, I can't love them enough! Thomas is such a solid rock for me and gives me such love and support! And the kiddos, they are the best!

#2 - I'm thankful for rain! For one, I just love rain. Secondly, rain brings so many wonderful things! Fresh smells & Life! I love being able to sit at home listening to the rain with my window cracked just a little bit to let in that wonderful smell! It's just so refreshing!

#3 - And finally, for today, I'm grateful for prayer. Without prayer, I don't know how I would have made it through today. Thomas was in a car wreck this morning and totaled his car. He's ok, he just has a gooseegg on his head and a scrape or two. I was so freaked out after he called, wondering how we'd make everything work out, towing bill, paying a ticket, paying for a new vehicle, how would Thomas get to work until finding a new car, what to do with the totaled car, and everything else. Stress upon stress, anxiety attack galore. Then I remembered one of those saying boards, "When life gets too hard to stand, Kneel." So I did. Afterwards I felt a little bit better, at least able to face the day. And throughout the day,as I went to work, then up to SLC to take care of the car, and so on, everything seems to be working out. My husband was ok, it could have been a lot worse. My boss worked with me, and I was able to go up to SLC to help Thomas with taking care of the car. Yes the car is totaled, but the towing company said that if we sign the title over to them, we wouldn't have to pay the towing bill or storage fee and they'd take care of the car. The damage on the other vehicle was minimal. Thank goodness for insurance. The driver of the other vehicle is ok, and very nice. Thomas's boss is letting him borrow a service truck until we find a different car. Thomas's parents have a small car that they'll let us buy. Thomas isn't badly hurt. As for the ticket, well, we'll just deal with it. But without prayer, I don't think my day would have gotten better, but worse. And after reading Patty's and Tiana's blogs, their words gave me a final bit of peace to where I can now see everything is really going to be ok and I have so much to be thankful for. Like it says in the scriptures:
"Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever. Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day." (Alma 37: 36-37)

3 comments:

Patty Sue Martin said...

Oh my heavens Sina I am so glad that Thomas is ok. He (your family) are very blessed. We will keep you guys in our prayers. Thanks for joining me in the gratitudes.

Nicole said...

Sina I am so glad I found your blog from Patty's!! It is so great to see and hear how you are doing. Your kids are so big and darling!! I am sorry about today that is awful and so scary. I am so glad Thomas is ok!

Talk to you later,

Love,
Nicole Martin

Ti'ana said...

i love rain too, but i am kind of getting bummed out by all the rain we are getting in idaho.... its november dont they know its supposed to be SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!