Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgivings Day 23 & 24

Here I am slacking off again. Oh well. One of these days I'll get better at blogging.

Day 23 - I'm thankful for super glue. As most of you know right now, it's my super busy time at work and that I work with my hands. With the air being dry here and my hands always in and out of water, my skin cracks on my hands. And of course I get the occasional nick on my hands also. No matter how much lotion I use, they are always getting really sore and splitting. I know duct tape works the best on my cracked fingers, but I can't do that while I'm handling food. So I've resorted to super glue! Yup, that's right, super glue to keep my war wounds all sealed up while I go on my merry way! Also the super glue lasts a lot longer than a band-aide and helps keep the cracks from cracking more! So yes I'm very thankful for super glue!

Day 24- I'm thankful for my quiet time in the morning before I wake the kids up. It's become my time of the day where I read my scriptures, have a nice glass of OJ and just prepare myself for the day. Even though I only read for about a half an hour, it still starts my day off on the right foot with uplifting thoughts and peace in my soul. Lately I've been using the topical guide and looking up scriptures that pertain to certain words. Today I looked up the word thankful and was directed to Psalms 100. It's a good read, look it up! Let's just say I'm pretty uplifted today! So not only am I thankful for my quiet time, I'm thankful very much for my scriptures too!

No comments: