Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thankgivings Day 9

Sunday. There are so many things I am thankful for on Sundays. I was thinking in church today about what I could write and it hit me, I'm thankful for my freedom of religion. I know I wrote earlier this week about my freedom to vote, but this freedom is much greater in my eyes. Our great country was founded by people who wished to get out from under the tyrannical thumb of the King of England so they could have the freedom to worship their beliefs that they choose, not the King. Without these peoples desire to be free, this county would not have been created and set up for the Restoration of the Gospel. I am very thankful that I could sit in church today and worship freely, pray openly, sing hymns, and enjoy the blessings of the sacrament. Yes, today I am very thankful for my freedom of religion.

2 comments:

Patty Sue Martin said...

I agree! Great Post.

Ti'ana said...

sundays really are wonderful they make you feel so peaceful and close to heaven. what a great day.