Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thanksgivings Day 5

So today I'm very thankful for books. I love books, fiction, nonfiction and so on. I can't get enough! Without books, we'd only have the stories of others close to us to listen to. With books we can read about others' stories without having to leave our home! Last night, my daughter, Carol read her first book all by herself! It was just a really simple book, but she read it! I am so proud of her! She's loved reading with me, but now, she can start discovering a new world with every book she opens up and reads! I can't wait to share with her some of my childhood favorites! I am so lucky to live in a place where I can get as many books as I want from the local library and enjoy! So pick up a book tonight, and immerse yourself in a different world and enjoy!

1 comment:

Ti'ana said...

OOOOO I love books too!!! there is something wonderful about the written word. I am so excited that carol is reading, has she read any Bearenstein Bears books? I get the feeling she will be like her mommy with books!!