Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanksgivings Days 21 & 22

Here we go again, I'm slacking in my thankfulness. Argh.

Day 21 - I'm thankful I can identify different species of animals accurately. It amazes me how many people get deer, elk and moose all confused. Someone I know was showing me a picture of a huge moose that she saw on her vacation. I couldn't help but laugh. I said,"Hun, that's not a moose, but a mule deer, a tiny one at that!" I guess I take for granted sometimes for the beautiful place I was raised with all sorts of wildlife running around. But I must say, please, before you go braggin about the HUGE Moose you saw in your camp site; make sure it was really a moose!!!

Day 22 - I'm thankful for Harmons. I know I've blogged about the people I work with, but I'm thankful for the company as a whole. It is an awesome place to work for. They actually care about the little people. They've provided me a great place to earn a paycheck with cool perks. To name a few, tickets to Lagoon, Christmas turkey or ham, Chirstmas Day completeley off, vacation time, sick pay, wellness programs, employee rewards and so on. Today was interesting at work, to say the least. It just seemed like nothing was getting done, not for lack of trying might I add! We were crazy busy and I was starting to feel panicy about the up coming holiday and so on. So the gals and are busy doing our thing when they page all department managers up to the front end. No big deal, whatever. Then Glenn (my boss) calls our phone and asks Ellyn to tell me to go up front to help Glenn set up a display over by the deli and just meet him at the booth. Something was up. We weren't going to have a display over by the deli. So I go walking over to the booth from back in prodce and I see ALL the stores department managers and our store director waiting up from with Glenn grinning like a Cheshire cat and waving me over. My face starts burning up and I almost cried. I was nominated Employee of the Month for all my hard work, great customer service and so on. Part of my reward for this is a cake (Yum), ballons (the kids love them), a pin to go on my uniform, and a $50 gift card of my choice. I'm pretty stoked about this even though I was mortally embarrassed to be put in the spotlight like that while the front end was pack with customers and produce associates and other department managers! The whole store was full of hollering and clapping! All in all, it was a good day. So yeah, I'm thankful for my job and that I won't have a chance to be Employee of the Month for a long time again!!!!

1 comment:

Ti'ana said...

wow congrats!!!! you really are a hard worker and you deserve it, way to go!!!!!