Monday, January 3, 2011

So much for last year!

So last year, I made several resolutions that I failed miserably at. . . . for the most part. Oh well, I'm not going to feel guilty about it. Instead of setting resolutions to change everything this year, I'm just going to strive for a few goals, nothing huge and out there, just something simple that I'd like to reach and implement into my daily life each day.

#1 - Become closer to God and strive to be a better person day by day.

#2 - Become a more balanced person, not super mom who thinks I have to do everything in order to make up for being a working mom.

#3 - Find time each day to pursue one of my hobbies, and share with you!

That's it. Nothing else major. So in light of those goals, here's one of my favorite recipes that I tweaked just a tad. I love collecting recipes! I think this all started with my Gram. She collected cook books and loved to read them. She really never tried the recipes out of them, with her family being a pretty staunch meat and potatoes kinda of family. But she still loved her cook books. I used to spend hours reading through them with her. I so miss spending time with my Gram, she passed away in June of 2002. When Gram's twin sister passed away in 2003, her daughter and my dear cousin Julie gave me Aunt Carreen's cook books. I didn't know she was a cook book collector too! I crack up over some of the recipes I find!

GREEN CHILE CHICKEN SOUP

• ½ Cup Butter
• ¾ Cup Flour
• 2 Cups Milk
• 3 Cups Chicken Broth
• 2 Cups Cubed Chicken Breast, Cooked
• ½ Cup Chopped Green Chilies
• Salt & Pepper
• 4-6 Cloves Crushed Garlic
• 1 Small Onion, Diced

Melt Butter in a Saute Pan over medium heat. Add Onion and Saute until onion is tender and translucent. Slowly add flour to create a paste. Add milk and chicken broth and whip together until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Note: If you want something with more of a kick, ad in some fresh diced jalapenos, or even serrano peppers. Serves 6

No comments: