Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School





So Yesterday, my two kids went to their first day of school. I knew Carol would be going without a doubt, but we didn't find out about John going to the school sponsored preschool until Friday afternoon. So, Monday morning I take them both to school. They both have their lunches packed away in their backpacks, new clothes and spiffy new shoes. As they lined up to go to their classes, my emotions overcame me. John says to me "Ok Mom, go home now." Carol just completely ignores me as she socializes and makes new friends in the 5 minutes before school starts. I stood there a little while longer, snapping a few pics and I thought,"Wow, Today is the day. I can't believe my kids are big enough to be lining up for their class and going to school." The both looked so beautiful to me (Don't tell John, he's handsome, Don't ya know!) and so ready to begin the next steps in their lives, without Mom there all the time. I knew they would be ready for this day, but my poor heart wasn't. I didn't shed any tears, my eyes just got a little misty and all. After they walked into their classrooms, I went home to 3 very quiet hours of house work and chocolate. I'm okay with this school thing now, but just for a minute, it was almost too hard to let them go.

3 comments:

Ti'ana said...

hahaha sad. i want to see some pictures please. i bet Carol is going to be a huge social butterfly definatly a yacker. lol. funny funny.

Patty Sue Martin said...

They are so big! I love it!

Casey and Laura said...

Sina this is your Aunt Laura I love looking in on your blog it is fun to see your kids grow I have tagged you go to my blog and cope the ??s Good Luck