Monday, June 21, 2010

Kinda Big Update

Lots has happened in the past months, and I guess I better get this darn blog updated!
Our biggest news, we've moved from Orem, Utah to Small Town Idaho! We absolutely love it up here! Thomas transferred his job to up here and we were able to move into a bigger place which is really really nice! There's a field right behind us, and plenty of room to play! Thomas is home from work most nights by 6pm instead of 8 or 9pm.
Another note of joy, I'm a stay at home mom for the summer! I do miss working sometimes, but I'm really enjoying this Mom gig! I find that I have a lot more time to focus on what I need to focus on and it's really working for us right now! The kids and I have been having a riot exploring! We've gone to a museum, to parks, visited family, and we are trying to learn the different birds that are coming into our bird feeders! We've been down to the farm in Bear Lake with Papa and Gramma Kunz and we are going to Yellowstone this weekend to fish with Papa and Gram Martin!
Yesterday being Father's Day, we went for a drive with Thomas up to Kelly's Canyon and found the perfect camping spot! I'm used to the mountains being so busy in Utah it was really nice to be in the mountains up here in Idaho and not see very many people! We saw this beautiful bird, with a red head, yellow body and black back and wings. It's was amazing! We are going to be hiking a bunch this summer in search of the elusive huckleberry patches. Oh, we are addicted to huckleberries right now! Yum!
I've enjoyed being closer to my sister and her husband and son! I've missed being around my sis, and even though we haven't had much time to get into trouble, I'm sure it's coming! We have huge plans for the holidays! It's also very nice to be close to some of my Aunts and cousins, they are all a riot! I do miss Mom and Dad, a lot.
In my spare time from unpacking and exploring and being Mom, I've found all my recipes again and I'm in the process of tweaking a few, including a mozzarella cheese stick recipe! Yum! OK, so I think I've typed enough for now! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Ti'ana said...

the bird it a tanager. :) we love having you here too! its been way fun thus far.

Phil and Sami Carter said...

I'm so glad that you guys are so happy! I'm sad to see you go, but it's nice to find a place that you guys love. Sounds like everything is working out great for you guys! that is awesome, we are planning a trip up to greg and cindys we will have to plan it when you guys are there. We love you guys, you guys have been so great to us! Miss you!!!!